Yahoo reported that next year marketers will be investing twice as much into content marketing as they did before. This meant that, in Europe alone, people will spend at least €2M on quality promotional content in 2020.
Why is content marketing on the rise?
- it’s an established way to educate, entertain and promote
- it’s not as intrusive as some more direct forms of advertising
- it appears equally appealing to younger and older audiences
What does it mean for my business?
Since the landscape for the content marketing is becoming increasingly competitive, you need to take some time to prepare. Here are some things you should consider doing:
- Include content marketing into your marketing strategy if you haven’t yet. Define the channels where you can post content and the frequency at which you can share content with your current and potential customers. You don’t necessarily have to start a company blog for that, by the way – many websites gladly accept guest blog posts.
- Invest in a content writer. In the
pastyou may have thought that you can do a better job describing your products and services than a hired workedor a freelancer. However, it’s a very time-consuming job which requires special skills. As a business owner, you need to focus on more important tasks, so save your time and hire someone to produce quality content.
- Consider producing more formats of the content. Short texts are a great way to share a thought or two, but people seem to become more and
more busyand rarely commit for something longer than a 5-minute read. Offer them content they can check out on the go – podcasts and videos will do the trick. It has also proven effective to publish both a video and an article together – this way you offer your audience a choice of how they can learn what you have to say.
If you don’t know where to start, you can always ask for professional help. Contact black87 team to learn more about marketing opportunities for your business.